9/21/2016

A Stack of Classic Hedgehogs

Hi! I have a thing for hedgehogs. They are such cute little creatures and it's so fun to hear them puffing while they shuffle through the garden! Last night I had the idea to create a stack of classic hedgehogs on a card (unlike the very different hedgie from the last card) and wanted to give them an autumn background.


I need to give this card to my daughter, she cheered when spotting this stack :)
To create this, I had to do a lot of masking. First, I trimmed the panel of watercolor paper slightly smaller than my Kraft card base. Then I stamped the top hedgehog, masked it, stamped the second and so on. After the images were all stamped and masked, I masked off the edges of the panel with washi tape and applied various inks with an ink blending tool to create the background. Now I flicked ink droplets from a brush and let everything dry. After I had removed all the masks, I colored the images with Copics and stamped the sentiment. Then I adhered the panel to the card base.


This is my last entry to this year's MFT Card Design Superstar Contest. LOVE this company!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Vanessa

MFT products used:

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

As a proud hedgehog owner, I also love anything hedgehog-related! Your card is adorable!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Your card is ADORABLE! Love these little hedgehogs and the fun way you used them! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this Vanessa! You're already a superstar in my book!

Cindy C. said...

This one makes me smile!!