9/17/2015

A Book Inspired Card

Hi everybody! Today's card was inspired by a book. Not any book, but my favorite one. My family is a family of book lovers and I am so proud that my seven-year-old is one, too. We read to each other and on our own every single day and couldn't be happier about that. So, naturally, when I got the new MFT stamp set "London Mouse", I couldn't help but change up the cute bus a bit to become this:


Yep, that's the Knight Bus from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Just a bit of masking on the bus and it was done :) You might ask yourself if that is a wand used as photo prop. I have to blush and say, yes, it is. I am such a Harry Potter nerd that my girl and my husband gave it to me for my birthday.
But enough of my weirdness, more about how I made this card. I started with a panel of watercolor paper and stamped the top row of houses. Then I applied matching ink with an ink blending tool. I stamped more houses on a separate panel and inked them, too. I cut those out and adhered them to the panel, using foam tape for some. Now I stamped the sentiment and adhered the panel to the card. I stamped the bus onto cardstock, colored it with Copics and cut it out. Then I applied Glossy Accents and adhered it to the card with foam tape.


I made this card for the MFT Card Design Superstar Card Contest. Such a great contest!

I hope you like today's project and don't think it is too nerdy :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

 
   
   

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo fun!

Jill said...

Oh my word! love this Vanessa! Such a sweet scene and fabulously done! Such fun inspiration :) Glad you entered it for the MFT Contest :)

Ardyth said...

Congratulations Superstar - I knew this was a winner!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Congrats, Vanessa! How could we not love this when it's inspired by Harry Potter! :)

LauraJane:) said...

Congratulations on the MFT SUPER STAR win! Super design:) LOVE the tri-level bus.

Susan R. Opel said...

You never cease to amaze me, Vanessa! Congratulations! xoxo

Yoonsun Hur said...

Big congrats, Vanessa! Love your scene!!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being a Superstar, Vanessa! Of course, I've always thought so!! Hugs, Darnell

Inge Groot said...

Congrats on being a Superstar Vanessa, love the colors you've used on this gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

Congratulations Vanessa! Super design! I have always thought you are a superstar!