3/04/2015

Ready for Spring!

I am so ready for spring, how about you? I just had to create a card with pretty flowers to help me deal with the grey weather:


I made this inspired by the lovely images of the Altenew March Challenge: From Places Abroad. The flowers of the third photo were my main inspiration, but I also wanted to use vellum that was inspired by the second photo showing the beautiful glass door.
So I started the card with a piece of vellum and stamped and heat-embossed some vines from the Hennah Elements stamp set using white embossing powder. Then I adhered the panel to the card. Now I stamped and heat-embossed flowers and leaves from Whimsical Flowers onto cardstock and colored them using Distress Inks mixed with water. I cut them out and adhered them to the cardbase. Finally, I added clear sequins to finish the card off.
This month's Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday theme is "spring", so I'll enter it there, too.
Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

supplies:
Altenew Whimsical Flowers, Hennah Elements - Ranger Distress Inks - Tsukineko ink - Pretty Pink Posh sequins

12 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

I'm sorry to say, Vanessa, but I think you should have more gray weather come your way. The card you made to cope with it is just gorgeous!! LOVE the tiny pops of dark blue flowers.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING those flowers!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Just gorgeous, Vanessa. A breath of fresh, Spring air!

very_inky_fingers said...

So pretty!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty and has me longing for spring!!

Nancy said...

So, so pretty, Vanessa! Your card sure does say "Spring!"

Kara said...

Gorgeous!

Tasnim said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining the Altenew March challenge :)

Winnie & Walter said...

This is such a stunningly beautiful card, Vanessa!

Rubeena I. said...

Beautiful card!!!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card. I'm ready for spring too.

Brandi said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!