6/30/2014

Share the Love Week: Distress Inks (Watercolors)


It's time for another fun winnie & walter share the love week! This time we are all having fun with Ranger Distress Inks. I so love my Distress Inks. So many techniques to use them for! Our first challenge is to use a watercolor technique. Here comes my take:


I used my Weathered Wood ink pad and created a soft watercolor wash for the background. Then I stamped the little hearts from You've Got Love Mail and added some white pearlescent droplets I created with Perfect Pearls + water. Now I stamped and heat-embossed the banner and the flower from The Big, the Bold and Extras using clear embossing powder. On an acrylic block, I mixed ink from my Picked Raspberry ink pad with water and colored the embossed images using a brush. I stamped the sentiment onto my banner using the Weathered Wood ink again. Then I fussy-cut everything, arranged it with some die-cuts onto my card and adhered it with foam tape for more dimension. Some rhinestones were added for a bit of glamour and bling. I hope you like it!
Now to some important information! Hop over to the winnie & walter blog and read all about how to win some Distress Inks for yourself! Ranger is generously sponsoring prizes for you! Can't wait to see your take on the challenge! Good luck!
Thanks for visiting and be sure to come back tomorrow for the second challenge!

Vanessa

supplies:
winnie & walter You've Got Love Mail, The Big, the Bold and Extras - Ranger Distress Ink Weathered Wood, Picked Raspberry - Tsukineko Versamark ink - Spellbinders die - PTI dies - Memory Box die - Hero Arts rhinestones

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the colors and the butterfly!!!!!

Betty said...

this is the prettiest card ever!!! love it!

Anni said...

Tolle Farbkombi und ganz wunderbarer Watercolor-Effekt!
Anni

Dotty Jo said...

So dainty and pretty! Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

I love your water coloring, and how you layered all the elements on this card...so pretty!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Vanessa. The weathered wood is such a pretty colour.

Stephanie Berger said...

so wundervoll...